Effective May 5 2014
Red Software Websites
Red Software takes your privacy seriously. Please read the following information to learn more about our privacy practices.
This policy covers what personally identifiable information Red Software collects and how it is treated.
Personally identifiable information is information that can be used to identify visitors to the Red Software Websites.
This information may be limited to an IP address / Session ID or extend to personally identifiable information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, or PDF form data.
This policy only applies to Red Software Websites and does not extend to the practices of other websites that we may link to, companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
You may contact us using the information provided at http://www.redsoftware.com/contact/
Concerns will be responded to promptly by our customer service representatives.
When visiting Red Software Websites, certain information about you and your computer can sometimes be collected.
This section explains what information Red Software collects, and how it is used.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following identifiable information about our visitors:
- user.info.online.email (optional)
- user.info.postal (optional)
- user.info.telephone (optional)
- user.billing.account.information (optional, not saved to server)
- user.pdfescape.pdfs (optional, only applies to www.pdfescape.com)
How do we classify the collected information?
Public information collected by a Red Software Website ("Public Information") includes comments, support requests, forum posts, ratings, and other information Red Software considers to be public.
Private information collected by a Red Software Website ("Private Information") includes your email address, your PDF documents (which are not shared), billing information, order history, and other information Red Software considers to be private.
What do we do with the collected information?
We collect identifiable information for the following uses:
- Online Products and Services
- Web Site and System Administration
- Research and Development
- Private User Accounts
- Public User Forum
- Online Product and Service Order Fulfillment
- Billing, Sales, and Technical Support
- Knowledge Base Ratings, Blog Comments, or Other Feedback
Who has access to the information collected?
Your Private Information is only accessible by:
- Ourselves and/or our entities acting as our agents or entities for which we are acting as an agent
- Delivery services (possibly following different practices)
- Payment / credit card processing services (possibly following different practices)
- Knowledge base, forum, blog, or other Red Software Website users (in accordance with your account settings)
- PDFescape publishers to whom you submit PDF forms (applies to forms published to www.pdfescape.com)
Besides those listed above, Private Information will not be shared with third-parties except when necessary (e.g. as required by law).
Some Private Information is protected via a password of your choosing. We strongly recommend the use of security checking software, safe internet practices, and strong passwords to help safeguard your information.
Your Public Information may be accessible by all users of a Red Software Website.
How long is this information retained?
- Access logs (including IP address, browser type, click stream, session ID, etc.) are archived for a minimum of 1 year (helping to secure our services and data).
- User data (including uploaded PDF files, etc.) is typically removed from our systems when requested by the data's owner or a period of prolonged inactivity.
Google AdSense and Analytics
Google AdSense is a program run by Google that delivers advertisements to Red Software Websites.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google that is in use on Red Software Websites.
Google may utilize the data collected to track and examine the use of Red Software Websites, to prepare reports on its activities, and to share them with other Google services.
Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Google may collect cookie and usage data.
Google may share this information with other parties.
Do Not Track
Red Software Websites do not currently respond to a Do Not Track ("DNT") or similar signal.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy from time to time.